Flickering bulb observation

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I had recently suggested using a modulated[ flame flicker] LED to control a photo controlled incadescent lamp socket as a safe way to flicker 120 V AC bulb. Bought a dawn to dark socket adapter & held a flickering LED in front of LDR & after adjusting spacing had beaulifull flickering 60 W bulb. Flicker is inverted PWM from LED.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
My porch light has been doing that for years. The light is under an overhang with white soffet (sp). It gets dark, light comes on. Light reflects from overhang, light dims. Dim light on sensor, light gets brighter. Cycle continues! Kids love it at Halloween! SPOOOKY!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
My porch light has been doing that for years. The light is under an overhang with white soffet (sp). It gets dark, light comes on. Light reflects from overhang, light dims. Dim light on sensor, light gets brighter. Cycle continues! Kids love it at Halloween! SPOOOKY!
But the rest of the year you are just the house with the cheap guy that wont fix his broken lamp ;)

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
But the rest of the year you are just the house with the cheap guy that wont fix his broken lamp ;)
EXACTLY! When I first installed this fixture (yes, it is a cheap one) It took a while to make sure it wasn't a bad internal connection. When I found that if I covered the sensor, it went to full brightness, I left it that was a s a conversation piece. A very good conversation starter with new neighbors.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
EXACTLY! When I first installed this fixture (yes, it is a cheap one) It took a while to make sure it wasn't a bad internal connection. When I found that if I covered the sensor, it went to full brightness, I left it that was a s a conversation piece. A very good conversation starter with new neighbors.
I can hear the conversation now:

"Umm, hi! I have been your neighbor for 15 years now..we have never met...HOWEVER, we are putting out house up for sale and we would appreciate it if you fixed that busted light so the perspective owners dont "know" they are moving next door to an "electronics hobbyist" that will be snatching TVs and other electronics that they leave on the curb for trash pick-up."

;)

I have had the same conversation.

I have no neighbors now..and in town-homes, that is a blessing.

Im just playing with ya. :D

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Believe it or not, I'm known as the "Neighborhood Mr. Fixit". Somehow, I feel you qualify for the same title.
The problem with mine is the amount of "work" on back order :D

I live in a community of retirees, so I get asked to do everything from A/C service to weed pulling.

And I love to help.