Flicker level Highpass filter /low pass filter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Kneus, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Kneus

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Hi guys i have the following question:

I have a measurment on a one phase line 50 Hz 230V(RMS)...The measurements are done with a sampling frequency of 200Khz so the values are instantanious values (thats how its called)

Now i have to calculate the Flicker level of the measured line (phase) according to the data (measured). The data consists of voltage and current values. But to calculate the Flicker we only need the voltage values.

According to IEC 61000-3-11 standard this is done by the following steps please read this pdf file page 25 to page 30 (chapter 2.4)

Here they state that in order to calculate the Flicker you have to put the instantanious Voltage values through 5 different blocks.

Block 1 ...constists of calculating the Voltage RMS value over a periode of time measured this is in my case 233V

Block 2 is the quadrent of the ouput of block 1 so 233^2= 54289 V

In Block 3 you need to use first order high pass filter and a 6th order low pass Butterworth filter with all the values needed (for the filters) provided in the pdf file

NOW this is where I am stuck I have no idea how to do this ...So I hope you understand now and can help me with this..

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013