Flatscreen TV will not turn on

joes238

Joined Jul 29, 2009
OK So I have a flat screen TV and it will not turn on. I do not have much experience with TV's let alone flat screens but does anyone have any ideas on why it might not be turning on?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
A device that is totally dead usually means no power. Either the outlet might be dead, or the power supply inside the TV has quit. If the warranty has run out, you might see if there is a BB that deals with that brand of TV. Check to see if anyone else has had your problem, and what resolved it.

SIcam

Joined Aug 9, 2008
I'm glad this thread is made where I can gain a lot of useful and informative input.rt
All problems require some investigation and assistance to what tested so the root cause can be narrowed down.

So from the statement - "flat screen tv.... will not turn on", this leads to many items that it could be. If one wants to go to extremes one could do a fishbone diagram to brainstorm all the potential root causes. Since only the person posting the question has access to item in question then all everyone else can do is guess.

Maybe its dead batteries in the remote? Maybe the wall outlet is a split outlet and the light plugged into the top works but the bottom outlet is controlled by a switch on the wall in the other room?

So I am requesting the following.

What have you tested to try to get the TV to turn on?