flashy lights from scrap parts

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Where's the schematic? Unfortunately, none of the images you've posted thus far give any more than vague hints about what it might do, or the values of the components. One of the ICs could be a 555 timer, and the other might be a 4017.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Shall post the schematics when I get the laptop up and running again am using my galaxy tab at the moment....the famous 4017 and 555 have been used as have a few bc547s and the odd 1n4148 has been thrown in there too, as well as a bicolour led....basically 5 high brightness blue leds chase from left to right, one bicolour led goes from red on count 5 and green on count 10 on the 4017, and the carry out pin on the 4017 drives two green leds...the 12v power supply is going to be built in the space I have left on the board shortly

Attachments

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Heres the schematics taken on the tablet as best I can, regarding the led drivers the 1st stage diodes are connected one to Q0 , one to Q9, second stage one to Q1, one to Q8 and so on the result being the leds chase one way then change direction and go the other way. ...the othe led drivers are wired as shownSchematic 1.jpg

Attachments

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Schematic2.jpg Heres another part, this shows the five led drivers and the led driver connected to pin 12 ,the carry out pin on the 4017

Last edited:

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Schematic1.jpg Heres hopefully the rest minus the 12v supply which is a standard 7812 design, the 555 oscillator which drives the 4017 counter

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Like the layout, but leave a little room on the bottom of those small diodes for thermal stress relief. The wire, as it contracts and expands, is going to put stress on a glass case.

Very pretty though, I would be proud to show it off.

When you're done and you are up for it make a few posts in the format the Completed projects forum uses in this thread, send me or another mod a PM, and we'll transfer the posts over for you.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
If you think it's good enough for the completed projects part of the forum once I've built the 12v supply which should be ok in the space I have left ill do that