Flashing LEDs / Solid ON/OFF LEDs Quick Question

RageMonkey

Joined Feb 7, 2014
Hi All,

I have tried to find some definitive answers regarding a particular LED issue but cant seem to find what I am looking for.

I have purchased a quantity of LEDs for a project (x300) Red Green and White. They are pre-wired and have a resistor attached but nothing else it seems.

These LEDs are designed to work from a 12v source and should be solidly lit either in an ON/OFF state. When I power one of these LEDs it flashes.

Is there a way to prevent this? I needed solidly lit LEDs for the project and I would like to use these one if possible.

Many thanks!

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
So you purchased 300 "various color standard" LEDs and they mistakenly mixed in a single flashing 1 with all the rest.. Just use one of the other 299 then..
Flashing LED's have an integrated multivibrator

or if they are all "flashing" then you got or ordered the wrong parts..LED's are cheap.. Go buy another.

RageMonkey

Joined Feb 7, 2014
I had ordered LEDS that were sold as constant, what arrived were flashing. I ordered them from China as they are much more cost effective then ordering them locally in the UK. (We dont have a radioshack)

What I asked was, is there is a way you can prevent a flashing LED from flashing. But I am guessing not.

Just means another 4-8 weeks before i can get them returned and replace with the correct product. There are 500 in total, 5mm 12v prewired costing approx £50gbp.