Flasher circuit

Merv1419

Joined Oct 12, 2012
Hi all,
I am a total noob, not done any electronics since school, but I am trying to adapt a peice of kit for work and any help would be appreciated.
I need a simple Led circuit powered by a rechargeable battery but is also powered by solar cells and the solar cells when not in use recharge the battery.
I need the Led's to have at least 3 functions, simple all on all off, 1,2,3,4,5 and 5,4,3,2,1, the circuit needs to be waterproof and the circuit board and battery in the bottom of the unit and the Led's at the top of the unit, then the solar cells anywhere on the unit and a seperate supply to recharge the batteries if there is no sun (as I live in the uk).
I will need easy to understand diagrams and what and where to buy the kit.

I know I am asking a lot but tried looking on net and don't even know what name/title to start to look for, any help would be great.
Regards
Merv

Merv1419

Joined Oct 12, 2012
Thanks guys but as I said I am totally new to this and pic micros CD's are all just words, any suggestions where I could start maybe get some basic info???
I do understand circuit diagrams but not 100% with components and what they do
Merv

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
What controls the sequence of: all on, all off, 12345, & 54321 ?
What is timing of sequences ? Specs of LEDs, 20mA ? Color ? Vf ?

Merv1419

Joined Oct 12, 2012
What controls the sequence of: all on, all off, 12345, & 54321 ?
What is timing of sequences ? Specs of LEDs, 20mA ? Color ? Vf ?
A simple rubber push button (weatherproof)

There is no neccessary specific timings, push the button change sequence, initially about 5 or 6 bright blue LEDS and the LEDS need to be seperate from the circuit board (wires)

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
A simple rubber push button (weatherproof)

There is no neccessary specific timings, push the button change sequence, initially about 5 or 6 bright blue LEDS and the LEDS need to be seperate from the circuit board (wires)
Do you want
1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5...
and
5 4 3 2 1 5 4 3 2 1 5 4 3 2 1...
as two separate sequences,
or do you want
1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1...
and, of course, all off and all on.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
A quick outline to see if we'r on same page: Push PB SW once, counter, 4022, advances, # 1 goes high & is fed to all OR gates, turning all LEDs ON, second push, enables a second counter, which cycles #0--#4 at a one second rate; keeps cycling wntill next push which enables a third counter which cycles #4--#0; next puch , counter is reset to #0, all OFF. Counter resets and polarities is for another day.

Attachments