flashdrive programmer help

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by jerone, Sep 6, 2008.

1. jerone

Thread Starter Member

Aug 30, 2008
    I forgot to remove my flash drive while formatting my PC. When Im done, I wonder why my flash drive wont work anymore. I think this is also formatted together with my hard drives. And maybe its internal program is also deleted that is why it cant be used anymore. Can I load a program to this thing so that it will function again? And if you have this programmer,can I ask for it? Thanks.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Does it still show up in the drive list when you plug it in (assuming this is not a Mac)? If so, can you save a file to it? Don't see why a Format C: command would bother a flashdrive in as drive F.

3. mentaaal

Oct 17, 2005
    What version of windows are you using? Does anything happen at all when the device is plugged in? Have you tried your device in another pc?

4. jerone

Thread Starter Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Yeah it would still show up but i cant save a file anymore. 0 bytes free,0 bytes in use.im using windows xp. If ill format it in the (my computer), it wont finish. An MMC also is plugged in for my N70 nokia phone during the incident. Now it shows memory card corrupted.I formatted it in my phone,it would finish but still shows memory card corrupted.

5. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Since you say you were formatting the drive, were you reloading the OS? If so, did all the motherboard drivers get reloaded? Does the Device Manager say it is happy with the state of all the hardware resources?

6. jerone

Thread Starter Member

Aug 30, 2008
    yup im reloading the OS and its drivers. . . if another flashdrive will be inserted,it functions normally.

7. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
  8. jerone

Thread Starter Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Thanks SgtWookie.