General Feedback First unread post

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Is anyone else having a problem with the "first unread" post feature? It used to be when I returned to a thread, the forum displayed the first unread post.

Now, it seems to display some thread prior to the first unread. It seems to be some random post. I.e., sometimes two, three, four, ... posts before.

Is some index or linked list corrupt? Or is it a browser issue (Safari on iPhone)?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Is the browser set to a zoom factor?
If so, the browser seems to have problems with calculating the position of the first unread post.

Bertus

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
No zoom factor. I thought of that...

As far as I can remember, it used to work (my memory seems to lessen as my age gets greater).

It does seem to be limited to my phone. I almost exclusively browse on it; rarely browse on my laptop.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It could be the phone does some zooming, to fit it on the screen.

I know when I have the zoom at 100 %, the correct post is found.
When you have a high zoom like 133 or 150 % the page jumps back.
The more posts on a page, the more it jumps back.

Bertus

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hmm I have not experienced this problem before. Could you try and clear your cache & cookies on your phone? That could resolve it. Let me know if it doesn't!

Rob

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
It used to work for me but seemed to just become random (i.e. some times it works and sometimes it doesn't) a few weeks ago. I am using Firefox on a PC and use both desktop and laptop. I have to say I preferred it when clicking the thread title went to the first unread rather than the little dot.