First time MAC SPICE user

gutierrjg

Joined May 17, 2016
Hi, I've been following a tutorial to use basic circuit in Spice and couldn't make work. I'm using a mac, mac text editor and doesn't work. I also tried TextWrangle editor and didn't work. I don't know if this is about a file extension issue that i have or something else.
Can anyone guide me through to set this up!? Thanks in advance!!!!!! see attached pic.

Attachments

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
You cannot expect anyone to be able to help you based on the meager amount of information you have provided.

What version of Spice are you using? LTSpice? PSpice? Intusoft Spice? Something else?
What are the contents of your Spice circuit file?
EXACTLY what did you do, and what was the result?
We need details; "doesn't work" tells us absolutely nothing.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Since your screen-shot does not look like LTspice, my first advice is to go get LTspice. It's free, widely used, and has lots of support groups such as the one at Yahoo. I use it on my Mac and have been very impressed.

gutierrjg

Joined May 17, 2016
Since your screen-shot does not look like LTspice, my first advice is to go get LTspice. It's free, widely used, and has lots of support groups such as the one at Yahoo. I use it on my Mac and have been very impressed.
Thank you Wayneh! I'll follow your advice!

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The interface will puzzle you at first. It follows a verb-noun model instead of the usual noun-verb model. So instead of selecting an object and then doing something to it, you select a tool and then click on the objects you want to apply the tool to. It also makes heavy use of right clicking. It's tough to get going but not too bad.