First EECE Lab, did mine in iCircuit

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by Ripneumann, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Ripneumann

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Please view my Screenshot. I am pursuing degrees in Electrical/Computer Engineering and possibly also computer science and will be using this thread to ask questions about my engineering classes I just started up on. We have started learning the basic logic gates/gate diagram/truth table stuff and have slightly gone into hands on practical use using the Cadet training system. This is our first lab project and in the screen shot you will see my chip diagram I created and tested using my truth table. Please tell me if theres any improvements I can make. This will be more than enough for my teachers satisfaction I am just trying to stay ahead and learn ahead as much as possible. I am a college freshman and before last week I have NEVER even heard of anything related to boolean algebra. Chose this major and have been enjoying it for the most part and do not see myself switching.

2. Ripneumann

Aug 24, 2015
    If you can't see the boolean algebraic expression I worked out, its P(x,y,z)= X*(y+z) + y' * Z

3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
  4. Ripneumann

Aug 24, 2015
    It is in TTL I'm pretty sure. As I stated I just started with this stuff not even a week ago. I don't know how you expect me to know all of the terminology you use as it looks like foreign language to me at the moment. The lab professor told me that it was very good for where the rest of our class is at.

5. Ripneumann

Aug 24, 2015
    Just to give you an idea. the rest of our class are still learning extremely simple stuff such as truth tables and simple gate diagrams.

6. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    There is associative learning where you apply previously knowledge to the present problem.

Do you know the difference between the previous problem you solved as the other Neumann? Two problems can't be classified as your "first" problem.

7. Ripneumann

Aug 24, 2015
    The other neumann is my twin brother. If you are talking about hunter. We are both trying to get ahead.

8. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Did you read Hunter's inquiry? Did you understand it?

9. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Talk to hunter about pull-up resistors. In your current circuit drawing, the inputs are not connected to ground when the switch is open. Look at his thread for the idea or talk to him.