first circuit

ttyler333

Joined Aug 11, 2010

So this is my first circuit, i know its not perfect but i plan on making it perfect. How would i go about limiting each motors energy use to only 3 volts? How would i also limit the amount of electricity the LED's will receive. Would that setup also be good to allow the solar panel to charge the batteries?

i would also like to impliment an rc controller, one that'd allow the motor to be controlled. You know, so it does not run away. Curious though how i would go about adding that to it.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/80/circuit1.jpg <-- link to fullsized image above.

Last edited:

bradstormer

Joined Aug 6, 2010
using resisters you can easily limit the voltage through your circuit. using ohms law one can calculate the voltage around your circuit.
now your photoresister on its own wont really work as a switch to turn on your LED's. you could use a transistor circuit. a transistor is like an electronic valve, which when used in a certain configuration can work like a switch.
failing that you could use a potential divider circuit.
i suggest learning to crawl before you walk, learn the basics of voltage and current, experiment with basic battery and resister circuits to get different voltage drops and then try your circuit. even with a basic knowledge you can create great circuits!!
and enjoy!!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A LDR (aka photocell, or electric eye) will not be able to turn on the electricity by itself. They tend to vary between 100Ω to 1MΩ. 100Ω is still to large to be considered an on switch.

LDR