First attempt at PWM

Bixter1

Joined Sep 20, 2010
I have a uC what can output PWM. Below is a link to the acutator I want to control. At the very bottom of the PDF is what I want to do (PWM). The input is set for .59-2.93 seconds PWM. How would I get my control signal to this device? The PDF states "Control signal may be pulsed from either the Hot (source) or the Common (sink) 24 VAC line". I never messed with doing this and want to make sure I dont blow up my uC.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.belimo.us/media/downloads/Technical_Documents/Characterized_Control_Valve/B2_LRB_X_24_MFT.pdf

Bixter1

Joined Sep 20, 2010
Trying to answer my own question..Is all I need to do is hook my ground to the Common line of my output transformer and send my PWM signal to the input (3)?

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
I have looked at the unit your talking about, its a plcc type unit.

It has indicator of some sort, that will have to be added to the line voltage. Then the feedback, so you will have four wires to hook up. By the PWM circuit. I had to look at it for a bit, was thinking it was a liquid unit, but its air.

I am not sure what type of position indicator you will be using.

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
Do you have a diagram for it? The output is in DC so it will have to be connected properly, what is confusing is they are showing the line voltage being the negative side. That is AC and the output is going to be in DC. I don't see the AC rectified to DC before the input to the PLCC.

Would have been nice if they would label it Load and neutral and gound, but they have it marked like its DC but showing it in AC form, it might be rectified before to goes to the PLCC.

Last edited:

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
I don't think so because it wouldn't work with AC so there might be more to the circuit, the thing that bothers me is your going to need a input to tell it where it is, and without that the feedback line doesn't know what to do.

Bixter1

Joined Sep 20, 2010
I sent an email to Belimo asking for help. I wish this was an easier thing to figure out. I assumed there would be a separate DC input. Oh well!