Fireants In the Southeast and West

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by loosewire, Mar 4, 2012.

1. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    With brownout and bundick on line and raiff having ants.

Check in and let me know if you have fireant mounts.

2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Yah fireants are migrating north though. I saw in on NGC the other day on stuff like that and the Aficanized Bee moving north. Ants are moving cause of climate change, Bee's by being born 1 day before t he european bee so there for anytime a Africanized bee breeds with a EU bee the queen always ends up being a Africanized bee. They have made progress in GMO bee's to get them to beat the africanized bee.

3. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I'm gonna burn em all.

4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    A lil gasoline and a match go a long way. We used to get rid of mounds that way in the early 80's.

5. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    @ max97,you have a good climate note,some insects are taking advanage

of warm weather in the north. Carnival time in Texas they use diesel fuel to

clear the area before setting up-farm bureau convention answer.

6. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    That was arranged by me.

If you'd like to sing along with music, check out this video and ignore the original.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lat8GQEJlCY

Sorry R!f@@, I saw your comment and I knew I had to come up with something.:)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    loosewire, shortbus and DerStrom8 like this.
  7. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Did you really modify that? WOW! It was hillarious!

I didn't even have to watch the intro. I know the tune by heart!

Thank you for a job well done!

Sparky49 likes this.
  8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    You've ruined me for life, all I hear is bagpipes.

Sparky49 likes this.
  9. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Bwahahaha!:eek:

10. bundick

Dec 19, 2007
    LOL,
    Over the years we've found that a teaspoon of Gas will thoroughly kill any of the hills you could cover with a bucket or smaller.
    Fire ants can dig down three or four feet. The Gas wont go down that far, but the Fumes do the work and they cannot get out without going through those fumes.

The bigger hills/nests might take a cupfull.

Nobody in the Government likes to hear of you using Gasoline, but...it works!

I keep plastic bottles with fire ant killer from lowes on the riding lawn mowers and spread it on each hill as I mow.
    However, that stuff takes a couple days to kill that hill/nest. In that time, they can migrate.

And your neighbor S.W. of you might not be killing his hill's so his fledglings are migrating to your place. Mostly they migrate with the winds, almost always to the N.E.
    You cannot beat them! Spreading the Casting stuff will keep them down, and KILLING the new hills with a small amount of gas will really keep them down.