Fire Fighting Robot

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Heten, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Heten

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 12, 2014
    I'm just a new one in the robots world :D and I really need lots of help ..

My project : Fire Fighting robot - BUT with logic gates only .. and I you want to know why with logic gates ONLY ask my prof :(

any way ,, the point is to make the robot walk throw a maze - I attached it with the post - and find a candle - which represents the fire - .. and it have to fight it

My problem : I don't know how to make the robot walk by himself throw the maze Can't make the path planning .. I think I have to use Sharp IR sensors to make it walk .. But I can't make it's logic design very well ..

What I do need : I want to know if It's right to use the IR sensor and how to make the logic design for the motion planning .. so PLEASE HELP ME

And thanks alot

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Same diagram, too. Seems to have come from the Trinity College Fire Fighting Robot Challenge.

4. Heten

Jul 12, 2014
    Well ,,

Firstly thanks for replying .. and yes I saw that link before but unfortunately I wasn't helped by this :(

My big problem is the logic .. I can't make it well ,,

by the way it's not Trinity College Fire Fighting Robot Challenge.

it's the first year project Electrical Engineering - Alexandria university - Egypt

but please give me a hand on this

5. Heten

Jul 12, 2014
    Ok Thank you everybody for your trial to help .. although you didn't :(

I had the full mark + Bounce

so I just thought you wanna know :)

you're great people I love you all

6. PRATIK BAKSHI

Jul 30, 2014
    For moving mechanism u can use any DC motor and use or sensors if u wanna to move on particular given blsck or sny strip ,and its logic :-if light not reflected(in case of black) move in same direction and if it reflected then move in such a way that it doesn't reflect and for obstacle in its path u may use sonar system :)