Fingerprint sensor in mobile...help needed

manojarun3

Joined Sep 9, 2008
Hi Frns,

please help me with ckts for my college project...

My Project is..

FINGERPRINT SENSOR IN MOBILES...

please help me... ITS URGENT...

also ideas for other projects are also needed for me...so plz help..

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Fingerprint sensor in mobile what?

Mobile home? Mobile phone? Mobile workstation?

You wish to "sense" fingerprints? As in fingerprint present versus fingerprint absent?

Also, what is the meaning of "urgent" in this context? Is this project earnest in solicitation? Is it importunate?

manojarun3

Joined Sep 9, 2008
sir,

its for mobile phones....

and the word urgent denotes....i have to choose the topic in 1 month..so,

i need ideas urgently...

so, plz help me...

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
How about doing research independently? Then, reporting problems if any occur to this board or a professor? Instead of asking us for 'ideas' about how to do a fingerprint sensor. I'm sure, if anyone had any new and better ways to do what has already be done, we wouldn't be able to conjure them up instantaniously and probably wouldn't want to share them before a patent.

Steve

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
GPS guided robot / autonomous air vehicle

These things take time and can get expensive. I'm working on a GPS-navigated solar-powered autonomous underwater vehicle myself. It's about a 3-year endeavour with at least 5000$US pricetag. That is with buying things for cheap on ebay and making a lot myself.

The best advice I could give you is to keep it simple. I designed a sensorless magnetic bearing system last year, which only a few researchers in the world have done. It cost me 1000s of dollars and I spent way too much time on it, rather than doing my studies. I didn't get the greatest marks, except for my project, of course.

Steve

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
If I understand correctly, you have to choose a topic or project title within the month. I will proceed from this assumption.

What type of class are you taking? What are the specific requirements for the project you must choose? And what types of technology are of interest to you?

If you simply say "give me project ideas" I will say "make a blinking LED." If you offer more detail, one of us might be able to offer a useful suggestion.