Finding this part ! anyone ?

hock

Joined Jan 19, 2010
Hi there .
i have attached more photos.
there should be a database some where with this number ? :(
even if i can use some other ic or method to make it work.
Yes there are 4 legs grounded and the other dont know.
i check the voltage on the two legs on the one`s that are working on the board the the one IC is sitting about 11v and the other ic 10v.

Part : 56LA7

as i said in the other forum that it to be said that it might be a transistor.

Have look at this page something that might help others
http://www.icphotos.org

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

J

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
You posted the same question yesterday. Please stick to one thread. I will recommend that the moderator delete this post.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Actually, I hope a Moderator will merge the information into the original thread.

I tried several SMT/SMD search engines when you first posted, and could not find a match. It may be a "house-marked" part; that is a standard part that has been produced with customer-specified markings to help slow down any reverse-engineering efforts.

If you know what the inputs and outputs are on the other similarly-marked IC's, perhaps you can figure out what the commercial part actually is. It may be a MOSFET, it may be a linear or switching regulator.

hock

Joined Jan 19, 2010
Hi there

Thanks again for the reply.
ill have to take off the other IC that works on the board and test the input and then the output but still if know these values i cant replace it with somthing else EG : if the part is a switch transistor ill have to know that in order to replace it for that by testing the part wont tell me that, all ill know is the value in and value out.
with the part in place on the board (laptop) the fan works again but the batt dont charge. when take it off the fan dont work and still bat no charge

THanks again for getting back to me.

J :D

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
are you sure the part is bad then? If the fan works with the component in place, it would suggest that the part has nothing to do with the battery charging. Battery charging circuits are usually separate from the cooling controls..... If the battery is not charging properly, you could try cleaning the battery contacts in the laptop and on the battery with a pencil eraser, this will remove some oxidation on the contacts.

My .02