Finding the right components

rokz_2005

Joined May 14, 2011
Hi all,

Which site/store can I find a whole variety of electrical hobby components eg micro processor, resistors, diodes.
All from one place please

Thanks? Worldwide delivery would be preferred as I am from England

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Digikey, Mouser, Element14 (Farnell/Newark). You should also check with any local ham radio clubs or electronics technical schools to find out about local sources such as retailers and/or electronic surplus stores.

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Ha, I would like nothing more than a one stop and shop electronics supplier, but I've yet to find one. Not even Digikey.... Close though!;)

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
When looking for a variety of components, I usually have to search at least 3 sources to find all the parts. Nobody stocks everything. Another problem I've run into is minimum buy with long lead times on some parts.Who, other than manufacturing firms, need 10,000 capacitors of the same value, even though they may only be $0.02 each!

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Ha, I would like nothing more than a one stop and shop electronics supplier, but I've yet to find one. Not even Digikey.... Close though!;)
VERY close. DK is my go to distributor as they tell me right away if my part is out of stock. I typically part out my build from them, and if they don't have something I first try to find an alternate they do have. I'm in the high 90's percentage of success.

And they have the best web site evah, fast, no flash, just the Joe Friday facts, ma'am, and links to manufacturer's data sheets right there. And it's fast too.

Did I say how fast the website is?

Digi Key does ship to England and they will estimate shipping before placing any order. But local is always better.

chejian6

Joined May 22, 2011
Our company (Boradcasting device) has been worked with EzPCB for several years. At first we order PCB from them. One day they told me they also sourcing and assembly components. Then I had a try. So far so good. Although sometimes there're slight problems such as missing a resistor on the board, but all were solved in the end. They are not the cheapest, but I get the value I paid for. Highly recommended.