Finding PIC16F84 in Eagle

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Thediabloman, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Thediabloman

Thread Starter Member

Mar 11, 2008
    How the hell do I find the PIC16F84 in Eagle?
    It´s driving me mad that I can´t find it.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If the device is not in the components library, you may need to create it. I think the help file has a section on creating new parts/components.

3. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    It's in the Microchip library under 16F8*. At least in my version 3.14 it is. Let us know if you still can't find it and I will work out a way to send it to you. John

4. Thediabloman

Thread Starter Member

Mar 11, 2008
    I found it.. :)

But then I found that Eagle is a crappy program.. I only have limited space to draw on, and thats not nearly enough.

5. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    That's a pretty hasty conclusion for a first-time user. When you find something better that is free, please let us know.

John

6. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    Space limitations apply only to the free version of Eagle. The full version has no such limitation.

7. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    You can do a lot even with the small board space allowed in the freeware version.

If you find you're in need of more space, you can always use a dual-row header, and link to another board via a ribbon cable connector. If you do that, I suggest alternating signal/ground/signal etc. to avoid crosstalk.

In the freeware version, you'd have to split up your schematic into different files. The registered version supports multiple pages for schematics, but not the freeware version.

8. raffter

Feb 28, 2008
    Thediablo,

find a "Crack" for the --crappy-- EAGLEcad you have....