Finding function contacts from Schematic

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dxTime, Oct 26, 2015.

1. dxTime

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hello,

Currently working on a project for modernization, however as I am a programmer and beginner in electronics, I am having great difficulty in identifying the operational contacts from the schematic of an industrial oven (for curing composites).

I've included the schematic as PDF.

If I were to create a program that gets readings of the temperature of the oven and than based on those readings I have to shut down the heating component of turn it on. What would I hook up my PLC leads to (Not using PLC just an example). Basically what controls what and what is its main switch (control). I am told that there are in total 8 operating contacts.

Description of pages as its in Dutch:
    Page 2 Ventilation
    Page 3 Elements
    Page 4 Regulator
    Page 5 Writer
    Page 6 Door Switch
    Page 7 Start/Stop
    Page 8 Ven Chamber furnace
    Page 9/10 Burner

Thank you

2. sailorjoe

Jun 4, 2013
    It's never easy to modify these types of control circuits, because they're designed to be highly integrated to save cost. I recommend starting by redrawing the schematic so you get a much better understanding of how it works. How is the temperature normally set? I see switches to heating elements on page 10. Is that a multipoint switch on the front panel, or something else. You have 230 VAC running around in this thing, so having a very good understanding of it before you start modifying it could be lifesaving.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  3. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    sailorjoe likes this.