Find min/max limits on an opamp circuit

coolecho

Joined Oct 12, 2016
Hello,

I need to determine the min and max output limits on the output of this opamp circuit. The resistors are 1%, and caps are 10%. VREF_A2D is accurate at 2.5 volts.

Thanks in advance,
coolecho
upload_2016-10-13_8-23-7.png

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

You have a voltage follower with a divider on the input. Is this a trick question?

Does the reference voltage vary?

What is the purpose of R130?

coolecho

Joined Oct 12, 2016
Hi Dennis,

I'm not a designer so I don't know what R130 is for. The reference voltage VREF_A2D is very accurate 2.5 volts:

upload_2016-10-13_8-55-45.png

Thanks!

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The intent of R130 is to improve the high frequency decoupling performance of C99. The actual effect is dependent on the load current characteristics of whatever the opamp is driving.

If the reference voltage is assumed to be theoretically perfect and the opamp input impedance is assumed to be theoretically infinite, then you can calculate the voltage at pin 3 for all 4 cases of the +/-1% resistors. To each of those four voltages, add and subtract the opamp's max input offset voltage error. Now you have 8 voltages. Somewhere in there are the max and min output voltages, and that probably is what is required.

If you want to go extra nuts, use the opamp's max input bias current to recalculate the four pin 3 node voltages...

ak