Finally!!

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Heavy metal- solder......How can you guys be in tune with that group.

Maybe I need to hear the sound,since I like pictures. I geuss I'm not into

album covers. I guess I really don't know what I am addressing.Explain the picture.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I've been metal fan since '81-'82. The energy in the songs, and the guitar riffs/drums is amazing. I've been on several concerts: Metallica, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf.... The list goes on and on and on.

Most of the bands have some cover-songs. One of my favorite is Diamonds and Rust with Judas Priest. It's not a typical heavy metal song.

Metallica has also a good cover: Low mans lyrics

It does not mean I'm a long haired badass, since i like the music. :)

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
"So What?" is also a cover, but I'm not going to link to the lyrics, it's a bit rude. I've seen Metallica too, very impressive stage show.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
So heres a question of something I'm wondering if I should do. All my family served in WWII. My Grandfather on mothers side was a bootlegger gunner sgt that made coconut whisky as he called it in the Marines. My Grandfather on my fathers side was Pattons personal messenger. He got that position because he was a mechanic before the war and Patton had like 10 motorcycle messengers. He was wounded 2 or 3 times. Now my grandmothers brother was a fighter pilot that got shot down in poland and spent 2 years in a POW camp. All his hair fell out from the stress of the experience and he never talked about it. Well we found he wrote a rather extensive memoir of his time fly and being in the pow camp, and even a lil about adapting back to peace time. We;ve been debating if we should transcribe it and publish it online for historians or even people interested's sake. Most of the WWII vets are quickly passing along. I've been privilaged to know many of them that weren't too jaded to talk about it and I feel I have a bigger view of the world cause of it. Do you think its a good idea to publish this 60 something page book online?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Yes publish it.

You could search the web to see if their units have a website and offer those portions to the individual units.

The whole publication could be available as your family's footprints in WWII.

Go for it.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
That would be cool but I'd have to go back to 1760's if I wanna trace my family. My g-g-g-g-g-grandfather was credited with inventing gurilla warfare and thus winning the revolutionary war. They made a movie and TV show about it. He was portrayed by Mel Gibson and Leslie Nelson.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
That would be cool but I'd have to go back to 1760's if I wanna trace my family. My g-g-g-g-g-grandfather was credited with inventing gurilla warfare and thus winning the revolutionary war. They made a movie and TV show about it. He was portrayed by Mel Gibson and Leslie Nelson.
WOW!:eek:

Care to share some more? Movie title, show title...? If not public, please PM.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ok a couple hints. Our family comes from S. Carolina, he's hated by EU historians that call him a genocidal maniac that raped and pillaged almost everything. Here he's know as the inventor of gourilla warfare. And every thing named "Marion" County, city, school, library, and street is named after him. I'll post his real name in 1 hour.''

One more hint here a clipping about him "Due to his irregular methods of warfare, he is considered one of the fathers of modern guerrilla warfare, and is credited in the lineage of the United States Army Rangers. He is known as the XXXXX XXX.

Perhaps a pic

Oh and my sister in laws family owned the original Rays Pizza in NY from 1903-1906 or something and then sold it to "Ray"

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Heres ole Pappy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Marion

Notice the names of his family match a popular mel gibson movie
Esther, Isaac, Gabriel, Benjamin, Job and Francis.

See also:
The Swamp Fox (TV series), a 1950s television series produced by Walt Disney and starring Leslie Nielsen, this TV series inspired the 1960 Parker Brothers board game by the same name.

The Patriot, whose lead character was partly based on Marion

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Heres ole Pappy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Marion

Notice the names of his family match a popular mel gibson movie
Esther, Isaac, Gabriel, Benjamin, Job and Francis.

See also:
The Swamp Fox (TV series), a 1950s television series produced by Walt Disney and starring Leslie Nielsen, this TV series inspired the 1960 Parker Brothers board game by the same name.

The Patriot, whose lead character was partly based on Marion
Good reading! Quite amazing.

Have seen the move. What I remember best was one scene where one of the sons yells at his father(Mel Gibson)

SON: I'm not a child anymore!
FATHER: You're my child!