Final Year Project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by abdulsamad4321, Jun 23, 2014.

1. abdulsamad4321

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Please Suggest me some final year project suitable for 2 members , Electrical Engineering(power).
    Thank you

2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    If you plan on being an Electrical Engineer you will be faced with many situations where you have to come up with new ideas yourself. So, what projects have you considered so far? Which subjects within your areas of study interest you most? What are you best at?

DerStrom8 likes this.
  3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    If you're interested in such things, I'd be curious to see an internal combustion engine surrounded by a thermoelectric generator as the source of cooling. Does it have any practicality?

But as Alec-t has noted, you need to choose something YOU are interested in that still meets the requirements for a good grade.

4. abdulsamad4321

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I got intrest in programming. Can you tell me project related to microcontroller.
    Thank you

5. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    That's a start. So, what uC projects have you considered so far? What equipment can you gain access to that you could usefully control? Or are you more interested in developing new algorithms from a theoretical point of view? What is your budget?
    Come on, you have to make the main contribution here.

6. BobTPH

Jun 5, 2013
    I would build a CNC router. That way I would have something useful in the end.

Bob

7. crazypacov

Jun 16, 2014
    Use microcontroller to control a heater.
    This way you will use many microcontroler functions (timers, interrupts, ADC..) and peripherals like LCD, potentiometer, temperature sensor... You will have to implement PID control, and learn about triac. It is really a nice way of combining many different electrical engineering branches (computer engineering, electronic engineering, power engineering, automation).
    And there are plenty of resources on the internet about that subject.

8. abdulsamad4321

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Please also tell me about projects related to Power?
    thank you.

9. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Member A pushes a button and turns on a fan.
    Member B pushes the same button and turns on a dryer.
    Member B pushes the same button again and turns off the dryer.
    Member A pushes the same button again and turns off the fan.

There you have it; for two members.

10. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Wind, solar, nuclear, high, low, conserving, using, generating, controlling .....??

11. abdulsamad4321

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Awosome man!!!
    Can you give me some more ideas
    and Thanks

12. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Decide upfront, how to identify member A and member B and how you will distinguish them from other members (no authorized to start or stop anything) or any combination thereof.

13. snav

Aug 1, 2011
    PV array az/el solar tracker with programmable user input for geophysical location

14. RedZeppelin

Jun 13, 2014
    What subjects have you completed that you have enjoyed?

15. donpetru

Nov 14, 2008
    A project for energy efficiency would be a good example. In this example, the power supply can handle a house using various sources of electricity, including automatic circuit release of reserve power.