Final year project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by benjazzy, Jun 29, 2012.

1. benjazzy

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    pls i want to do an electronic project bt i dont know wht to do. can some one help?

2. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Google: FYP electronic

Ken

3. BSomer

Dec 28, 2011
    Youtube is another good source for ideas. Just search for stuff like "final year electronics project" or "capstone project". There are a number of things you can do. Consider what your strong points are in your training so far. Do you tend to lean toward digital, analog, control systems, communications, or some other area of electronics?

4. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Find something that interests you.

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    It baffles me that so many posters here get to their final year with no itch to build something they've wanted a long time, with no clue about something that interests them to build. Why'd they go into this major anyway?

Maybe we never hear from the A & B students?

Apologies to the OP for ranting in his thread.

6. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    I'll never forget my years in college (mathematics), where a friend who was a EE major had to select his final year project. We had met in the college theater group, and his final project was to build an advanced lighting system from scratch for the theater. He had the itch and successfully scratched it!

7. upand_at_them

May 15, 2010
    Come up with 10 ideas on your own. Post them here. And the helpful people will comment on what's realistic or not.

8. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't want to rant in his thread either, but I'm more than willing to ditto your rant -- again, with no intended slight to this particular OP.

I can certainly see someone getting to their capstone project and needing some thoughts in terms of whether particular projects are or are not reasonable projects or how they might expand or contract the scope of an idea to make it reasonable. But to have no idea whatsoever? It boggles my mind. Now, it's always possible that the poster does have a list but either doesn't think about posting their own ideas or is concerned that they might not get as broad a range of suggestions if they do. But I suspect that's not the case with most.

9. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
  10. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    How about this: design a device which takes characters and images from the screen of a computer and transfers them onto a sheet of paper?

11. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Here's one solution.
    [​IMG]

And if that one fails, here's another:

[​IMG]

absf and strantor like this.
  12. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    SSHHHH.... you're giving it away!

13. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Hahaha! I love that first photo! Someone let the blonde secretary use the photocopier again!

It's always about the final year project hey? It makes me want to go and do a degree, year after year, just so when it gets to the final year I can post here and ask everyone "what final year project should I make" and then ask everyone to do all the work for me. ;)