final year project

jmo

Joined Sep 23, 2008
i have a problem constructing a cell phone controlled light system.could you hook me up with a working circuit diagram of a cell phone controlled light system.thank you in advance

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
i have a problem constructing a cell phone controlled light system.could you hook me up with a working circuit diagram of a cell phone controlled light system.thank you in advance
You can use a programmable SMS Controller.

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
Some people define a project as what you design, then implement. Others just want to pass the course by building something that they didn't design. It's sad to say, these people usually get the credit.

Steve

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
It's pretty simple to do if you simply want a toggle like setup. Use something like a beeper or cell phone that rings when it is called, and have a micro wired to the speakers detect it and do it's thing. I've seen some projects involving reading the sms data off of a cell, have fun with that though... Maybe if you're a good programmer you could use an open source phone like openmoko and configure it to send the sms data to a port on the phone. I really have no idea though.

EDIT: beenthere seems to have the best idea, simply use the internet on your phone to send data to a server, which could be your microcontroller.