Final report

h.immo

Joined Apr 17, 2012
Hi everbody,
Im tring to write the report for my final year project, Im an electrical and computer engineering student. My project was quit simply i had to install the complet electrical system of a building including like everything lighting, power, earthing , telephone, tv, lightning etc.
But Im stuck with report, my prof told me to write about :
1) types of installation wiring
2) lighting system with example of calculation
3) security system
4) Earthing system
5) lightining system
6) voltage drop

I found good stuff about voltage drop but Im having my problems with the rest
So if someone could help me with a good book or page or report or anything would be very nice
Thanks alot

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
...My project was quit simply...
Wow, that sounds like a huge project. How detailed is the requirement? Customer's needs/specifications is the first part of the story. Is this a hospital, school, office, factory, warehouse...? What are each systems' needs for this building. This sets your overall requirements. "Standards and practices" is the second. This tells how things "should" be done and set limits (codes) on the possible options in the given environment. Third is implementation. This is where your creativity shows. These would apply to each utility area...power, lighting, security, safety, communications....

With a good statement of "needs" as a foundation, everything else will tend to follow, like stacking bricks. (Well maybe a little harder. ;) )

Ken

h.immo

Joined Apr 17, 2012
I'm already finished with the design of ever thing, with" simple" i meant " not very difficult" but still very Time consuming^^
I dont know what they are called " flat building" 6 floors with 4 flats each
But i cant find anything good for my report specially In
Thx for help panic but im still not very far with my report :/

h.immo

Joined Apr 17, 2012
I need to write a report, in which i have to include a theory of my work followed by my practical design ( which i've done) ( the theoretical part is left)
Sry for the misunderstandings and my bad english :/

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I'm already finished with the design of ever thing, with" simple" i meant " not very difficult" but still very Time consuming^^
I dont know what they are called " flat building" 6 floors with 4 flats each
But i cant find anything good for my report specially In
Thx for help panic but im still not very far with my report :/
The building would be called an "apartment building" here in the US. I would refer to the NFPA "National Electrical Code" here. Since you used the term "flat", I assume that you are in the EU. There should be an equivalent code there.

ken

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Hi everbody,
Im tring to write the report for my final year project, Im an electrical and computer engineering student. My project was quit simply i had to install the complet electrical system of a building including like everything lighting, power, earthing , telephone, tv, lightning etc.
But Im stuck with report, my prof told me to write about :
3) security system
4) Earthing system
5) lightining system
6) voltage drop

I found good stuff about voltage drop but Im having my problems with the rest
So if someone could help me with a good book or page or report or anything would be very nice
Thanks alot
You need to find a wiring regulations book. In the UK it's the BS7671.