Filter Measurement Analysis

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Calton57, May 4, 2015.

1. Calton57

Thread Starter Member

May 4, 2015
    Tracking Generator goes to the input of a filters circuit. The output of a filter circuit goes to the spectrum analyzer.

How do you measure the the filters S-parameters, Phase Linearity, Ripple, Pulse Ringer, What other kinds of filter parameters are there?

What are some common measurement analysis when measuring filters Vin Response and the filters Vout Response?

Measuring the filters insertion loss, Roll Off skirts, VSWR Return Loss, Gain Flatness, Cavities are lined up, Nulls are equally spaced, Null Symmetrically spaced, Null dips, Nulls are rounded, Nulls are sharp, resonators are tuned, check for the filters cavities are lined up.

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm not sure I understand your question. We normally measure s-parameters with a network analyzer, not a spectrum analyzer. The spectrum analyzer will measure attenuation as a function of frequency.

3. Calton57

Thread Starter Member

May 4, 2015
    How do you measure the the filters S-parameters, Phase Linearity, Ripple, Pulse Ringer, using a network analyzer? What other kinds of filter parameters are there?

4. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
  5. Calton57

Thread Starter Member

May 4, 2015
    Is the test set up always like this for all the tests?

Block Diagram: Signal flow
    Tracking Generator--> RF filter --> Spectrum Analyzer or Network Analyzer

Any other test links i should read that has filter measurements?