File tracking system

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by RoboticFan87, Sep 12, 2009.

1. RoboticFan87

Thread Starter Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Hello guys, I have this final year project about a file tracking system, using Microcontroller PIC's embedded in the folders that are stored in the cabinets. Now my question is first how to program it?...In other words Can i use C to program those MCU's since my assembly language is not so well. Second I need an interface between I2C lines and my PIC...what is I2C protocol. Any help is much appreciated it

Thank you all

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Are you using RFID technology to implement this?

hgmjr

3. RoboticFan87

Thread Starter Member

Sep 12, 2009
    no that was the point of using Microcontrollers. i want to look for the files in the cabinets using PICs that are tagged in every folder. and reporting back to my pc via hub

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    How do you propose to power all these PIC's? How do they make a connection to communicate? How does each individual PIC know the contents of the associated folder?

5. RoboticFan87

Thread Starter Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well the power is supplied to the hub through a rectifier/Regulator..which will transmit power to the drawer controllers. Each hub controls its own network which combines power distribution and serial communication. and attached to the network is one or more controllers which are networked to one or more drawers containing the tagged files