File size limit -- can that be tightened down a bit

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
My iPhone default picture size is 2.1MB. I'll crop my pics and reduce them to 30% in each direction. There are many free, online picture resizers. Perhaps the site could recommend one? Make it a sticky or whatever the admins are calling it. You could link multiple sites and write guidelines, like Lestraveled's. Maybe even include instructions on inserting an image?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Lestraveled:
I had met many times, the members upload the files size over 2MB and I viewing the page until the images to suspended, it means that I can't download the whole picture, and when I pressed the reload, but it was the same, my internet speed are download 6MB/ upload 2MB, but it seems useless, I think it should be happened when more members login as over 800 users.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
For my daily job which in all cases includes a report with maybe a usual minimum of 40 pictures (could reach 200++ exceptionally) in the last 10++ years I have been routinely reducing them to 640 x 480 and never failed to convey the intended information. The sole difference with what is being posted here, are the pictures from PCBS or parts. They require higher definition more than bigger size.

I agree on stringent limits.