Figure 7.62

AlV

Joined Dec 30, 2006
Ok I think I have figured this series-parallel circuit out correctly. Could someone please reveiw the attachment and let me know if I am doing this correctly.

Thank you

AlV.

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You made an error at R5, in the table and carried forth that error causing other problems in your subsequent calculations.

Other than that, I think your getting the flow of things. Revisit your process on doing those calculations.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I concur with joejester's assessment across the board.

A little revisiting and I think you will have it. Good work so far.

hgmjr

AlV

Joined Dec 30, 2006
OK, what did I do wrong. The way understand it is: since Rw and R4 are in series would they have the same current (.3A) flowing through each other. So I'm pretty sure that V2/I2 and V3/I3 are correct.
So my mistake at R5 should be V5 18 volts vice 12 v that I originally wrote. Then the current at I5 is .3A and that the total current in the circuit would be .6 A Which would then mean that Et would be 72 v.

Is this now correct or am I still not understanding this material.

AlV

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The way understand it is: since Rw and R4 are in series would they have the same current (.3A) flowing through each other. So I'm pretty sure that V2/I2 and V3/I3 are correct.
You are correct in that assumption.

You corrected the error, at R5, and now your Et and Rt are correct.

I believe you are understanding the material.

Good job.

AlV

Joined Dec 30, 2006
Thank you for the assistance. I think that I'm starting to understand these series-parrallel circuits.

AlV