Feedouchenary Relationship

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by loosewire, Jul 10, 2009.

1. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Dave,how many people that have access to our Ip adddresse's?
    Are we safe.

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Only the admin and mods.

Yes.

Dave

3. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    The IP can only tell you which city you live in. Big deal. Go find me in Pittsburgh PA. Many people. ;)

As if though a forum for electrical engineering is filled with thieves, murderers, and pedophiles who give half a crap where you live. :D

4. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    We have some impotent people with higher education on this forum
    that would not agree with you.

5. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    Oh, explain. Maybe I don't know some hacking techniques or something. Is it possible to find anything other than the city in which I live using an IP unless you call my ISP and ask them, which they are not allowed to tell you.

6. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    How much does your Isp charge you an hour. That what I've needed I've been hinted too.

7. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    LOL what does that have to do with anything?

I just mean I don't get why people are so worried about IP's. I used to be a moderator at a major forum. I never cared that I knew users IP's and even if I did, you already told me you live in Ft Lauterdale. ;)

8. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    I did not tell you that,I live in Montana the sky country.

9. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    Yea but I'm still interested, and this is a good question btw, is it possible to find any information other than the city you live in and your ISP using an IP address? Not according to my experience. So why are people worried?

10. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    I am reminded of the man who left for his appointment for a vasectomy wearing a tuxedo. When asked about the get-up, he said: "If I'm gonna be impotent, I'm gonna look impotent!"

11. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    Haha, true tuxedos suck. They are expensive and pointless. A real man wears a nice business suit. ;)

12. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Pinstrips,vest,jacket,Impotent pin of distinttion.

13. Mark44

Nov 26, 2007
    Personally, I have an aversion to wearing suits, and particularly ties, which serve no known functional purpose. My normal work attire is jeans and T shirts or sweaters for most of the year, and shorts and T shirts in the summer. In my work environment, if we see someone wearing a suit, we know he is a visitor.

Note that it is not a compliment to call someone a "suit."

14. Mark44

Nov 26, 2007
    Fee = $ paid for a service
    Douche = look it up
    Nary = none at all

The word you are looking for, loosewire, is fiduciary.

15. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Heinlien once wrote that ties are there to prove to your neighbors that you are willing to inconvienence yourself for your fellow man. I agree.

I am an advisor for DeMolay, a boys youth group. The other group, Rainbow Girls, would disagree however. If they get gussied up, they like the boys to be also. So how far would you go if you were a young man of 16 or 17, and would get favorable attention from a pretty girl? I've also heard the snobs (other advisors) that think it somehow makes you better than your fellow man.

I never owned a suit (except for funerals), now I have several. Yuck.

16. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Whatever word is used, the details of the matter are no different - the only people with access to IP addresses are the site admin and mods and only then is the information used for the purposes of running the forums.

A friend of mine, who works in the trades, used to say to me how ridiculous ties are - and he was right. Think about it: you are taking a fabric-ribbon and tying it in a knot around your neck for no other reason than appearance!

Dave

17. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    While we are busy with definitions and corrections, let me point out that "impotent" and "important" mean different things. Then think of an incorrect pronunciation if impotent and see if the joke works.

18. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Your joke was great,show that you can find humor anywhere
    and make friends.

19. count_volta

Feb 4, 2009
    Ties were designed by women to choke men when we least suspect it. All they have to do is pull and voila, they get our inheritance. ;) The next time your wife says, oh what a nice tie, reply with, I'm on to your little tricks. ;)

20. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    So cynical! :p

Dave