Feedback re Galvanic Isolation

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by peterlonz, Jun 24, 2012.

1. peterlonz

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Very recently I realized I had no real understanding of the various topologies:
    I read the Wicki on Flyback but it was way over my head.
    Realized then that I was unsure about exactly what Galvanic Isolation was.
    College memories suggest these terms were not used at the level I studied.
    Then here I find another attempt to explain GV:

A provision for "feedback: is made which points to this forum but I see no way to provide feedback other than to start a new thread.
    Seems cumbersome to me.

The article itself one might expect, treating what most would regard as basic stuff, would avoid such issues as SPICE simulations, that simply complicates things & clearly is un-necessary.
    I understand that a transformer achieves isolation between primary & secondary for AC & unsmoothed rectified DC, but why the term galvanic, & the other issues of earth at different potentials escapes me. Surely Earth means zero potential.
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Your post is borderline, but I decided to leave it be for the moment.

This specific forum is to discuss basic errors in the AAC book, as in errors.

The other forums you can ask questions about concepts, clear up understandings.

I don't think I've seen someone who has been here quite so long with so few posts (other than zero of course).
  3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I don't think the page will change, but for the sake of conversation, are you saying that the content of the page is too advanced?

I believe not. On the contrary, when I read about known topic through the AAC e-book, I find that things are missing; but only one e-book cannot appeal to all audiences.