feedback op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
They are opamp. To do the job required of them, by the previous stage output and the following stage input.

Not every thing has a "name". A designer/engineer does what is needed to connect outputs of one system to the input of the next system. Only that designer/engineer can answer why he did it one way instead of the other. There is an old saying, "there are many ways to skin a cat". All things electronic and mechanical fall under this saying.

Last edited:

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
They are the kind of amp written in the drawings in your original post. Old, but still available to purchase. Datasheets are on the web.

Your questions seem to have a specific purpose that you won't state.

1. What is the equipment this circuit is in?

2. What is it you want to know, and why?

This thread can go on and on, but without some form of context there will be no answers.

ak

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
They are the kind of amp written in the drawings in your original post. Old, but still available to purchase. Datasheets are on the web.

Your questions seem to have a specific purpose that you won't state.

1. What is the equipment this circuit is in?

2. What is it you want to know, and why?

This thread can go on and on, but without some form of context there will be no answers.

ak
This is this guy's modus operandi. He is working on avionics and auto pilots.

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
yea but it goes from +5 volts DC offset on the first op amps input and on the 2nd's op amps input it's -15 volts dc offset

The Op amps are a MIXER, mixing a DC offset with the input signal

The DC offset is different on each input of each op amps , which is strange

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
No, it isn't. But unless you tell us what the circuit's function is, what the product is, what this thing does, then there are no answers. One circuit uses +5, the other uses -15. Why? Because it has to. Why does it have to? You tell me.

ak

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
The most logical answer is that these are brother-in-law components. The only reason they are there is to help out the brother-in-law that sells electronic components.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
No, it isn't. But unless you tell us what the circuit's function is, what the product is, what this thing does, then there are no answers. One circuit uses +5, the other uses -15. Why? Because it has to. Why does it have to? You tell me.

ak
He won't/can't tell you. Once he says the words, meaning avionics, the thread will be closed. Due to the TOS.

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
Why you guys so focused on what the circuit does

I'm asking in general , when you have One stage that has a DC offset at -5 volts and the next stage after has a DC offset of +15 volts

What is this type of technique called? it's level shifting?

But what is the theory behind doing this type of technique or level shifting for in general ? don't focus on my schematics for now

I'm sure you guys have seen this often? when have you seen this and what was is used for?

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
It is called "meeting the needs" and is quite common in electronics. From the type questions you ask, you are in way over your head trying to analyze circuits that are as complicated and as important as these. You should start with something that is closer to your knowledge base and build from there. I'm not trying to be cruel, just stating my opinion. We all started at some point, but jumping into the deep end of the pool usually doesn't create much more than a lot of frustration.

The most important lesson I was taught when first learning electronics was to get a very solid grasp of the basics. All circuits can be broken down into basics, if you understand the basics. If you don't know the basics, all circuits will be beyond your understanding.

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
It is called "meeting the needs" and is quite common in electronics
Yes it seems to be

But it's called level shifting right? mostly used to interface with different stages or interfacing different biasing of stages together

Why you guys so focused on what the circuit does
Because even a 13 year old kid knows that often the function of a circuit gives a clue as to why X or Y was done the way it was!

I thought it would be obvious that the end function of a circuit would to a greater extent dictate how it was designed, unless of course your 13 and learning like me, in which case you build whatever you find on the web then work out why it dosnt work :D

DexterMccoy

Joined Feb 19, 2014
I'm saying , I need to know the theory in general first before I can apply it to the schematics

I don't know the theory or operations as to why each stage in the circuit has extreme DC offset voltages that range from +5 volts and the next stage is -15 volts. That seems very extreme DC offset voltages from stage to stage. it's a extreme level shifting

I know it's used often, but I'm not sure if there is any theory as to why

Tell me it gets the job done doesn't tell me much as to what the theory is on behind this technique or designer skill

Status
Not open for further replies.