Fear & Loathing in Vegas..!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This is one freakin movie !

Johny depp is one of the best actors.

I am LMAOF here.

Is the hallucination real when u take those drugs ?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 've seen the movie. It was a loony one. The subject of drugs and the relative lifestyle (while you 're still in your ups) was a fun one to watch.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
The drugs was not the funny part. It's the act of Johny depp that cracks me up.
Specially this dialog.

"I am in the middle of a f***** reptile zoo & some one's been giving booz to this god d**m things."

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
This is one freakin movie !

Johny depp is one of the best actors.

I am LMAOF here.

Is the hallucination real when u take those drugs ?
No not at all. Lil Sparkling Diamonds All you get is tracers or whats referred to as trails. So you wave your hand in front of your face and you see it, then you see it again .75 seconds later. It will also produce waving effects on walls and basically play with your vision and mind.

Portabellos and San Pedro's produce an effect of hystericalness where everything funny as hell, week legs, more intense visuals that tend to form electric patterns with your eyes closed. Stomach gets a lil tweaky from the actual portobellos in your stomach.

Philaris Aquaticus produces even more visuals and gives you almost super senses. Where you can hear an air conditioner running 2 miles away, walls will get more wavy and have some auditory chages. Nothing thats not there though. Not a real hallusination

Bufo Toads (The most powerful hallucinagen know to man) is 5 times stronger then p. aquaticus and has been know to produce psychosis and real hallucinations. But this is very rare along with p. aquaticus.

As far as real hallucinations where your seeing stuff thats not their and going johnny dep style is Crystal meth after long usage, bath salts, and other designer drugs.

I followed the dead for over a decade and have taken all of these hundreds if not 1000's of times.

But that is still one of my favorite movies. My favorite lines are always "As your attorney I advise you too......."

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I would have thought the Dead would have had better acid? If thats all you saw it wasn't the good stuff.

Shrooms are my favorite thing ever! Back in the day.

The movie "altered states", when he is with the shaman is pretty real.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
We had the best in the biz. 250mics a dose of Czech peanuts. Some people just handle it batter. Portabellos are fun but tiring, when you can go out side your house and pick em year round your whole life they kinda loose their mystic. And judging by how much we shipped to ohio back in the day you were probably taking our stuff. LOL We would by it by the gram, then cut that out into a book. Then send the books or pepin bottles(the mint bottles) all over the country. We'd buy full boxes of the pepin mint bottles and dose em then ship em. Only give away is we put so much in it saturated the ethenol and would recrystalize at the bottom of the bottles. So always shake liquid before you drop it. Also what was funny is when the Little Sparkling Diamonds combined with the pepin you sweat mint. So we (Our group of 20) would goto a show. an hour later everyone smelled like mint, which if you've ever smelled a hippie is a big improvement. This was 1990-1996 though.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I would have thought the Dead would have had better acid? If thats all you saw it wasn't the good stuff.

Shrooms are my favorite thing ever! Back in the day.

The movie "altered states", when he is with the shaman is pretty real.
Oh lord if you like shrooms you shouda hung with us. We'd go pick em by the pound, distill pure ethenol, grind the portobellos into a powder and put that in the ethenol. Then put that on an orbital shaker for 2 days and strain it. Your left with a amber liquid. Evaperate that in a dish. Then scrape pure portobello crystal right up. Then we'd just take pure portabello crystal. A ball the size of a match head would send you to the moon.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I do have a funy ohio tour story though. Were finishing our work on shakedown st. and the cops are rounding everyone up and clearing it out around 2am, My friend I was riding with lost his keys as a storm was approaching. You could see the lightning coming in the distance. Well in FL storms whip up on you in minutes, up there its very different and I didn't know that yet. So I'm phobic over lightning so I'm freaking out being locked out of the car as my friend was all tore up running around shakedown looking for his keys. 10 minutes later I'm litterally looking for a rock to smash the window out to get in. The whole time my buddies like don't worry we got 45 min if it even hits. Thankfully before I died of stress he found the keys. And we took off. Never rained a drop and lightning just disappeared. I felt like such a jack ass.

One more tour story. Were camping on Virginia beach on the beach for the show. We party all day have fun and set up all out tents with everyone else in the park. Well hippie girls don't tend to wear bra's. So then a tropical storm rolls in off the atlantic and were all unaware of it completely. Storm starts then starts colllapsing tents. We lit our car up and got like 3 girls taking refuge in our car. All of wet got in the car and took their clothes off immedietlly. What a great night that was. Rained all night. Next morning I woke up and went to the shower bathroom and it was full of people riding out the storm.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I can't argue that. I raised myself and think I did a pretty good job. When your parents split at age 14 and your left to fend for yourself you grow up fast. My wild days are far over. I haven't touched a drug in 12 years. I still touch women though. :)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
The heaviest hallucination I've ever scene was on about 800mics at a phish show in Atlanta. Since I was the best driver I was designated driver back to FL. I left the show and needed visine ASAP! We stop at a 7-11 full of cops. I'm going off nuts. So I get in line with 2 po po's behind me and ask for visine. For some reason they didn't chase us down or pull us over. From Atlanta to FL border the lines of the highway were coming up onto the hood where the lights would be, and trailing off the hood right in front of the side mirrors. Was a lil scary at first but I just kept it in the middle. By the time we reached home in Central FL I was delerious from the partying and sleep deprivation. I would have too sleep 10 mins at a rest stop, and race to the next one before I blacked out. Finally we made it.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
When you talk of portabellos, are you meaning psilocybin? Grew them for a while, real pain in the butt growing them, but oh what fun. Back then (1980's) you could still get the spore prints through the mail.

The acid mostly came from a guy that was a chem major at Penn state. The best ever was some window pane, put the tiny little square in the corner of your eye or under tongue.

Made some "lsd" from collecting morning glory seed from plants growing around the porch. Not much of a trip but every thing looked like you had blue tinted glasses on.

I was always the designated driver from concerts too, but partied as much or more than the guys I was with.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
When you talk of portabellos, are you meaning psilocybin? Grew them for a while, real pain in the butt growing them, but oh what fun. Back then (1980's) you could still get the spore prints through the mail.

The acid mostly came from a guy that was a chem major at Penn state. The best ever was some window pane, put the tiny little square in the corner of your eye or under tongue.

Made some "lsd" from collecting morning glory seed from plants growing around the porch. Not much of a trip but every thing looked like you had blue tinted glasses on.

I was always the designated driver from concerts too, but partied as much or more than the guys I was with.
Thats why it so hard for you to grow boomers you don't use spore prints you use commercial steril syringes for innoculation on pasturised straw or rye. If you have a proper autoclave its stupid easy.

You can't get LSD from the morning glory. LSD is derived from the ergot fungus that grows on rye. Many historians have blamed the Salem witch trials on a contaminated rye supply. Morning glory seeds contain a sister chemical called LSA.

As far as the driver me too. I didn't trust anyone else all tore up with no sleep in the mountains.

Most really good LSD comes from Czechelsolvkia, thats why the crystals have different names by the different formula's. Back in the Czech crystal was by far the best because it was made in superlabs. As far as making something in Memphis we met this guy that made Crystal meth that also worked at St. Judes in the pharmacology Dept. Thats not my gig but all the TN hillbillys talked about it like it was god.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Thats why it so hard for you to grow boomers you don't use spore prints you use commercial steril syringes for innoculation on pasturised straw or rye. If you have a proper autoclave its stupid easy.
The syringes weren't around when I was doing it, that came later. It isn't starting the mycellum thats so hard, its after its transfered to the rye medium. If the medium is too wet, them the mold starts and ruins the jar. Its amazing that growing happens by itself in the wild but its so hard to do it in the house. Even under the most sterile conditions you can make.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I wasn't acknowledging a specific drug, but the action of drug intake.

Does it matter what he took?
Well, if one wanted to experience a trip of revelations proportions, they might seek to ingest the same thing he was on when he wrote it. For me it was just a matter of curiosity.