faxing ???

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008

On the modem card itself, there should be a connector similar to that for the audio out of the CD player. This can be connected with a jumper to the line in on the sound portion of motherboard, or sound card if system is pretty old.
My friends modem has a green connector on the side of his modem that he can plug into the side of a sound card but mine does not.

The picture above is what my sound card has on the side. But my modem does not have anything anywhere to make these connections.

Curious though what the difference of TAD , CD_IN , AUX_IN , CD_SPDIF and the hole connectors that you plug your mic , speakers ,...etc into are? What are these side connectors used for?

Also you may see the white connector next to the TAD on the right of the image. It is labled with J1 curious what this connector does?

Ok, I have pretty much given up on the idea of using the modem as a phone. But my question now is their any software that would allow me to use this modem as an answering machine. Basically it would be nice to beable to give a different greeting message based on the caller id.
Does anybody know any good software for this if possible?