fast battery discharging @ relay driver switching circuitcircuit

shrikanthkp

Joined Aug 30, 2013
I build a switching circuit.Here NPN transistor base gets switching signal from microcontroller & collector connected 9volt 6f22 battery through small resistor Emitter grounded directly. here 9volt sugar cube relay used & relay output (N/o)given to transmitter circuit.
Here battery gets drained within 24 hours without sending any switching signal from microcontroller.here just circuit ON condition only.
Plese help me.
Pl.looking forward valuable replies with great thanks.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Help you what? You have given no indication of what it is that you need help with.

What is the goal of the assignment?

What are the constraints?

What have YOU done so far to attempt to solve YOUR problem?

shrikanthkp

Joined Aug 30, 2013
to overcome battery discharging problem i tried load (transmitter) taken from emitterdirectely (with out relay) insted of relay connected @ collector,then also battery discharged (9 volt to 5 volt ) within 24 hour without triggering input.As per my expection battery should come atlest 6 months.
Please help me...

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What current are you expecting to pull from the battery?

What current are you actually pulling from the battery?

And for the LAST time -- post your circuit. Otherwise I move on.

shrikanthkp

Joined Aug 30, 2013
My circuit was RF transmitter (Just switching ON/OFF) at the receiver circuit. i had this problem @ transmitter section. Here input triggering through microcontroller,then output of microcontroller given to transistor & relay.
Relay N/O drives the RF transmitter circuit.
I dont know how send circuit diagram here.So i just explined.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
But your description isn't anywhere near good enough to let us figure out what your circuit is, let alone figure out why it is drawing excess current.

Do you have Paint or any other drawing program of any kind that can produce sill image files such as PNG, BMP, or JPG format?

If so, then sketch your circuit -- it does NOT have to be pretty -- and attach it to your post. Click the "Go Advanced" link and then scroll down and click "Manage Attachments" to upload your file.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm not too sure about the rest of the circuit, but 7/12ths of your power is being burned off in the 7805 regulator.

I thought you said 9V battery. The drawing shows 12V.