Facebook page....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gphfaruk, Nov 2, 2013.

1. gphfaruk

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Is there any facebook page of the forum?

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

There is no facebook page of the forum.
    The off-topic can be considered as the social corner of this forum.

Bertus

3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hey, I don't even have a facebook account...

RRITESH KAKKAR likes this.
  4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I also do not have a facebook account.
    I don't even want it at all.

Bertus

PackratKing and RRITESH KAKKAR like this.
  5. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    What u do then, even i was not using fb but now i use it.

6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Err... I didn't know that the use of facebook was mandatory or required for my survival.

shortbus and DerStrom8 like this.
  7. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    You can have a perfectly normal and conform life. Without FB you know:rolleyes:

8. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    I mean to say your job..

9. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I still don't understand what you're trying to say. Maybe try a Google translator?

10. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    It may be that the use of FB differ some from Europa to India. But many kinds firms can live perfectly well without being on FB at least here in Norway

11. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I have a Facebook account that I have walked away from. The only reason it is up is to let old friends (say, as in college) find me. I do not like being a product a bit.

12. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I have a facebook only to keep in touch with friends and family whom I do not see very often. I never play games, use apps, like pages, or anything on my facebook. It only serves the one purpose for me.

I'm not sure what you'd expect for an AAC facebook page.....

13. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Ok, from what i could understand after asking an expert, I found that Fb pages for groups are set up and members "like" them to join. Then, depending on the settings of a potential AAC FB page and settings of each user's page, members can see other member's activities and interests. The expert summed it up by saying, "it's just stupid".

DerStrom8 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    That reminds me..time to kill my facebook page. I only made one because a friend wanted me to. Another person that thinks Social Media is mandatory.:confused: I would NEVER post my real name on the internet, so don't bother looking me up.

15. BillO

Nov 24, 2008
    My thoughts exactly.

16. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    What, #12?

17. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Small world.

I don't have a facebook page or intend to anytime soon.

But, my wife has one. Through facebook she recently connected with a hometown friend from her High school days.
    Here's the fun part.

Turns out we all ended up living on the outskirts of the same small city which is many hours away from her hometown.. And we live only 3 miles apart.

DerStrom8 likes this.
  18. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Facebook, by sheer number of users, is a marketing pond for some businesses to cast their line.

I'm sure there are a few that make purchases based on their friends recommendations just like any word of mouth advertising. If you had a product that caught the attention of 0.001 percent of the FB population ... well, you can do the math as well as I, and that is why FB is a big marketing pond that is harvested by thousands, if not millions, of websites. As of May 2013, this was reported ...
    That's a nice pond to cast your marketing advertisement.

One's business presence on FB is almost a necessity these days. Some business' are very proactive in protecting their image.

Now, bear in mind that if you apply for a job, they will want to view your facebook page. They will also scour the web for every link that is associated with your name.

I guess I'm just saying watch yourself as your online presence could do damage to your reputation. I can remember reading a few years ago about a woman in MI upset cause her teenage daughter, less than 18, ran away with some guy from another state. Turns out the daughter had a FB page, lied about her age (and her mother knew it). So the guy was turned loose. It also turns out the mother had a FB page and on it, she described about "can't wait for the daughter to go to school so she can smoke some weed." Anyone want to guess who was subsequently investigated by the police?

19. DumboFixer

Feb 10, 2009
    You mean your name isn't #12 ? :D

20. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Large family, maybe??

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013