F28335 CAN interfacing.

vrvrao

Joined Sep 17, 2012
Hello,

I have to interface F28335 with PC using CAN interfacing.

I am using TMS320F28335 Peripheral Board and PCAN USB from PEAK.

the CAN network is

PC- PCAN USB - F28335.

I need help in programming F28335 , can anyone suggest me some code examples in CCS for CAN interfacing.

i tried examples available in Control suite, as in peripheral board there is no option to connect to CAN B, i have only one CAN A,we have only CANA_H and CANA_L available direclty on the board.

So please help me out.

thanks,
raja.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Can't help with the TI part. The CAN physical layer is implemented with a "quasi-differential with respect to a common ground" scheme. Trnasceivers are normally powered with +5VDC and a "recessive" bit is where CAN_H and CAN_L are at approximately Vcc/2 or 2.5 volts. A dominant bit is where CAN_H heads for the +5V rail and CAN_L heads for ground. A transmitter will specivy the minimum separation for a dominant bit and a receiver will specify a minimum threshold for a dominant bit.

The physical network for CAN should be a twisted pair with termination resistors of 120 ohms at each end. Unterminated stubs can be placed along the bus without difficulty as long as you keep them short with respect to the entire network.

The maximum length of the network bus cable is limited by the maximum bit rate you intend to use. It is an inverse relationship. Higher bitrate implies shorter cable.

That should be enough to get you started.

vrvrao

Joined Sep 17, 2012
Thanks Bravo,

I can see CANA_H and CANA_L pulses in CRO.

I wanna know how can i read the data from those pulses, so that i can verify it.

Also, i need some help regarding PCAN USB, as i cant see any data received in PCAN view.

Thanks,
raja.