Extraterrestrial Aliens Finally Located ?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

It has been confirmed by pure science, but we need more proof i guess...
They would be so far away anyway that it would take years to communicate with present technology. If they are too far away, it could take 100 years to talk back and forth one time.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/201...e-alien-lifeforms-communicate-earth/21592195/

The thing that has bothered me since the late 1990's is, is it really a good idea to try to communicate with a civilization that may be years more advanced than us? If they see us as a lower life form, they will certainly dominate in the same way that we dominate most animals like horses, and unfortunately, cows which we often use for a food source. It might sound strange, but Prof Stephen Hawking agrees with this view.
It could also be true that certain elements are rare in most parts of the universe, so there's a chance they might come here to get some, and of course that means less for us. Liquid water could be one of them, but i dont know for sure.

On the other hand, we are more advanced than elephants, dolphins, and whales, yet we try to preserve their species. So there is a chance that a very advanced civilization could view us as intelligent enough to preserve.

Question is, if you were faced with the possibility of meeting a real alien would you yourself take the chance and go to meet one on purpose?

I wanted to put a poll in this post but have to find out how to do that.

Last edited:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Why would any advanced race expend the time, effort, energy, and resources to subjugate us?

It's easier to just do what we do -- subjugate ourselves.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The thing that has bothered me since the late 1990's is, is it really a good idea to try to communicate with a civilization that may be years more advanced than us?
It's a little late for that. While we're here pondering their laser pulses, they're receiving "I Love Lucy".

I really have to take issue with the sensationalist headline of that article. "Scientists believe..."? Ruling out a few hypotheses for what the signal might be is a long leap away from "believing" the alien hypothesis. It's almost an oxymoron: If someone says they "believe" the alien hypothesis, then they are by definition not a scientist.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Why would any advanced race expend the time, effort, energy, and resources to subjugate us?

It's easier to just do what we do -- subjugate ourselves.
Hi,

Ha ha, yeah, that makes a lot of sense. We'll be gone way before they get here :)

But the reason for them coming is too hard to predict. They may have some resources and not others. That's just a possibility however. They could also be wanderers. Maybe they are here already and secretly took over all major governments :)
Maybe you are an alien and you are trying to persuade us not to worry about it (ha ha) :)
Maybe i am, and by bringing it up thus hide my true identity :)

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
It's a little late for that. While we're here pondering their laser pulses, they're receiving "I Love Lucy".

I really have to take issue with the sensationalist headline of that article. "Scientists believe..."? Ruling out a few hypotheses for what the signal might be is a long leap away from "believing" the alien hypothesis. It's almost an oxymoron: If someone says they "believe" the alien hypothesis, then they are by definition not a scientist.
Hi,

Yeah maybe, but then again a lot of scientists, in fact all of them i think now, believe that there should be life out there already. They even made up a formula for the probability.
Do i myself believe? Well, i believe there may be some kind of life out there because the scientists all say there should be. There are various good reasons why we havent seen any yet, but there's no way to tell either way for absolute sure until we make first contact. That's if it is not a covert contact with only a chosen few.

My biggest worry is that they may have developed one kind of intelligence but not another, such as a machine like reasoning but with vast technical knowledge. Yeah it's a big jump in faith, but who knows. If they dont have compassion, they wont mind killing anything or anyone that gets in their way of what they want.
I think scientists like Carl Sagan believed that if they did have intelligence they would be compassionate about any intelligent life they found. Just hope they are right. Prof. Hawking believes just the opposite.

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
But the reason for them coming is too hard to predict. They may have some resources and not others. That's just a possibility however. They could also be wanderers. Maybe they are here already and secretly took over all major governments :)
Maybe you are an alien and you are trying to persuade us not to worry about it (ha ha) :)
Maybe i am, and by bringing it up thus hide my true identity :)

You've been hanging out with my Ex haven't you? :oops:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I've often pondered on what an alien society that is advanced enough to travel here in any reasonable time frame would view us as other than amusement.

Resource wise the Earth as a planet has nothing to offer that can't be found in space in vast abundances for far less effort.

1. Water and the two elements to make it are everywhere in the universe.

2. If they eat organic materials as we do, again, the elements and compounds to make such foodstuffs are everywhere as well.

3. Labor wise we suck. Period. Any civilization that has the technology to travel between the stars would also have AI tech to do their menial work that would blow our minds.

4. We don't get along with ourselves so why would they want to befriend a bunch of egotistical talking apes and give us reason to pursue interstellar space travel?
Once we saw interstellar space travel was possible and that there were other life forms out there we'd be more apt to make our species into the pillaging hoarding invading nuisances of the galaxy more than anything else.

That's why I think they don't see us as worth the effort to contact.
If you were part of and advanced alien civilization or consortium of them would you want to be the one to give us reason to want to leave this planet? I rather wouldn't. :oops:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I've often pondered on what an alien society that is advanced enough to travel here in any reasonable time frame would view us as other than amusement.

Resource wise the Earth as a planet has nothing to offer that can't be found in space in vast abundances for far less effort.

1. Water and the two elements to make it are everywhere in the universe.

2. If they eat organic materials as we do, again, the elements and compounds to make such foodstuffs are everywhere as well.

3. Labor wise we suck. Period. Any civilization that has the technology to travel between the stars would also have AI tech to do their menial work that would blow our minds.

4. We don't get along with ourselves so why would they want to befriend a bunch of egotistical talking apes and give us reason to pursue interstellar space travel?
Once we saw interstellar space travel was possible and that there were other life forms out there we'd be more apt to make our species into the pillaging hoarding invading nuisances of the galaxy more than anything else.

That's why I think they don't see us as worth the effort to contact.
If you were part of and advanced alien civilization or consortium of them would you want to be the one to give us reason to want to leave this planet? I rather wouldn't. :oops:
Maybe we could provide some kind of perverse entertainment for them?

Or, sex tourism?