extra element theorem

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by qrious, Sep 17, 2009.

1. qrious

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 16, 2009
    hey can anyone please explain the extra element theorem to me?..i've just heard about it...but am interested in it..can anyone please tell me the details about it?

2. t_n_k

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 6, 2009
    Wikipedia will help you.

3. qrious

Sep 16, 2009
    please tell me the resistance as seen by the capacitor...all the values of resistnces are 1 ohms and capacitance is also 1 f

• EET.png
      EET.png
      File size:
      3.3 KB
      Views:
  4. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Replace the capacitor with an ohmmeter. Then redraw the circuit. You should be able to figure it out.

5. t_n_k

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 6, 2009
    I believe your attachment is the circuit analysed at the Wikipedia site (see link below) - in case you haven't followed up there. If you've seen the analysis there and are still confused, then you might indicate exactly where is your predicament. Are you obliged to use the EET in your homework assignment?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_element_theorem

6. qrious

Sep 16, 2009
    yes i got the pic from wiki and my only problem is the value of impedance as seen by the capacitor...i just dont seem to get my series and parallel resistors right!!!!..im not even understanding the method of solving a ckt by seeing the symmetry of a ckt....i sort of stumbled across the eet & would like to use it in future..but i jst cnt figure out the resistnce seen by the capacitance...if u can tel me just that in simple steps then i would be grateful..i want to know how wiki solved the value for resistance..how did they get the stuff to be in parallel and series while i cant??? plz help

7. t_n_k

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 6, 2009
    This might help.

8. qrious

Sep 16, 2009
    thank you very much/...im grateful 2 u!!