Extending record time for .wav files

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by n9xv, May 2, 2006.

1. n9xv

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jan 18, 2005
    I've stumbled on this before but now that I need to actually do it, I cant find where to reset the record timing. I want to make recordings through my sound card and make .wav files that I will throw onto an MP3 player for studying purposes. I can do all of that with no problem but the record time is so small that I'll have kajillions of files for something relatively small. How can I extend the recording time. I am using Windows 2000-XP?

Thanks in advance.

2. Powermos

May 20, 2006
    What appz are you using for recording, the standard voice recorder of Windows?

Byez
    Powermos

3. Gadget

Distinguished Member

Jan 10, 2006
  4. n9xv

Jan 18, 2005
    Yes Powermos, I'm using the standard "Sound Recorder" in Windows. Gadget, I like those programs and can use those for some other "ideas" too. I appriciate the effort/input. If I could at least disscern what the actual "file size" in bits/minutes is for a single file in Sound Recorder then I could have a bases to work from.

5. n9xv

Jan 18, 2005
    Yes Powermos, I'm using the standard "Sound Recorder" in Windows. Gadget, I like those programs and can use those for some other "ideas" too. I appriciate the effort/input. If I could at least disscern what the actual "file size" in bits/minutes is for a single file in Sound Recorder then I could have a bases to work from.

6. Powermos

May 20, 2006
    Some time ago, I've try to patch the standard Recorder, I've to search in my notes, if this is possibile (now I can't remember) I'll send to you the patch.

Cheers
    Pow

7. dougp01

Dec 6, 2005
    Try out Audacity. It's full of featuers for a free app.