Experiment

Digital Design

Joined Feb 22, 2009
Hi all,

Would need your expertise to start off with this project.

I had got a project whereby its a card that come with a preloaded values of 10 units.
The card will cause the LED to light up.

However,
if the units in the card is less than 3, another LED (A) will light up to inform insufficient units left.
if the units in the card is zero, another LED (B) will light up to inform of no units left

when the two LED (A) and (B) light up, there will be a TOP_UP input (implemented by pushbutton switch) to set the units back to 10.

The LED will light up for only one clock period.

I was given 2 to 1 multiplexer, flip flops, synchronous 4-bit up/down counter with dual clock and other TTL integrated ciruit components.

How can I start with the design?

Thank you for your guidance.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Some things are very mysterious. What is a "card"? What is a "unit" and how is it's value evaluated? If the "card" is removable, how does it retain its value in "units". How do the "units" get incremented/decremented? What is a "clock period"?

Digital Design

Joined Feb 22, 2009
There is no physical card. The balance of the card can be stored in a 74 series chip, which is either a register or a counter. The DIP switch will then control card's units by deducting 1-2 units everytime until the units are insufficient, then the TOP_UP input will come in place to add back the unit balance to 10 again.
The clock period means that the LED will light up for one period.