Experiment Circuits?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by sjgallagher2, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sjgallagher2

Thread Starter Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Full Title: Experiment Circuits for Magnetism, Capacitors, Inductors, and Alternating Current

In the past 2 weeks I've learned everything my books can teach me on capacitors, inductors, magnetism, and alternating current down to the calculus and construction of the components and the measurement system of magnets. Now I have a million formulae rattling around in my brain and I fear I might forget most of them if I don't use any of this information in practice! The problem here is I don't have many ideas on these things, I suppose I'll start by trying to even use the components in a circuit, that's a start, but any better ideas for circuits? I want to understand the components and as many uses for them as possible so any ideas - big or small - are very welcome! ~Sam Gallagher
  2. PackratKing

Jul 13, 2008
    First project : Build yourself a good bench power supply capable of powering AC awa DC circuitry..
  3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Build a crystal radio. Use your formulas to determine the values of the inductances and capacitances in order to tune in to your favorite radio stations.
  4. sjgallagher2

Thread Starter Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Nice ideas :D Keep them coming if you can
  5. bance

Aug 11, 2012
    Function generator, frequency counter, ESR meter, diode tester.....

Test gear is fun and useful and you learn a lot.

HTH Steve.
    Brownout likes this.

Nov 30, 2010
    As part of the power supply, include a low voltage constant current circuit to test LEDs. Then allow a higher voltage constant current circuit to find the value of zener diodes or resistors. The finished projects section has a very nice 1.00 amp supply to test low ohm parts.