Exhaust Fans ??

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I am working on a small exhaust fan for soldering .. I was going to use a Delta 160 cfm fan but figured it would be way over kill and best cooling my custom PC .. So I picked up a couple broken Xbox 360 with the intent to fix them but I tried and failed .. I was thinking about using the dual fans from the Xbox for exhaust fan .. What do you guys think and what have you guys made or use also ???

Thanks
Jay Sr

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You'd be amazed at how effective a little bit of air can be. I built a 150 watt battery charger in too small of a box and a little 2" square fan was all it took to fix the problem. My 850 watt battery charger runs nice and cool with a single 4" square computer fan. So...start small. You might be surprised.

Cal Rico

Joined May 1, 2012
Any small fan helps in pulling away the soldering fumes. It is not the lead, rather the flux that smokes. Using some paperboard (cereal box, cake mix box, etc) to build a barn door around the fan and some way to make it stand up on your work area and you are set.

Or you can go for over kill and way over-designed..see photos IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0521.JPG IMG_0531.JPG d IMG_0559.JPG