Exclamation Help help my fellow good friends

ojeka

Joined Jul 5, 2012
Help help my fellow good friends
am a year three (3) student currently writing exams and my lecturer gave an assignment to be submitted on the exams day19th July, 2012 precisely, i need this help badly i think here is the right place. I am looking forward for responsible help. As i continue writing my exams, i will always check for response thank.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
We don't do your homework for you..
We will help if you actually show that you have attempted to answer the problems of which you have NOT.
This should belong in the homework section of the forum.

WTF is with the giant red text in your first post..

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
A third year graduate ought to be able to do resistance combining exercises. These problems are not hard at all.
I'm thinking I learned that sort of thing during my first year, even more so in my second. Honestly, you should at least be able to attempt it on your own. If you have any specific questions after trying it yourself, we'll be able (and by "able" I mean "willing") to help you find where you went wrong.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I'm thinking I learned that sort of thing during my first year, even more so in my second. Honestly, you should at least be able to attempt it on your own. If you have any specific questions after trying it yourself, we'll be able (and by "able" I mean "willing") to help you find where you went wrong.
It may sound unkind, but I see so much of this and I assume it is from raising a generation of engineers who rely on simulating everything. Reminds me of a Star Trek episode where Checkov was explaining the navigation system:

Checkov: "The navigation computers give us the course to any place we want to go."

Observer: "So the computers tell you what to do and you do what they tell you."

Checkov: "Yes..... I mean no.... I mean we use our own judgement also."

Nobody should be allowed to use a computer unless they are smart enough to know when it's lying.

ojeka

Joined Jul 5, 2012
yes it is possible anyway but not everywhere, where am schooling (Nigeria) the standard matters allot so if there is help that is what i need now.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
yes it is possible anyway but not everywhere, where am schooling (Nigeria) the standard matters allot so if there is help that is what i need now.
OK look- a reply that has direct correlation.
Maybe it should be attempted to answer the questions?

Suggestion 1: Put the question in the thread title.

Suggestion 2: Buy a resistors kit, a 6V battery, a digital multimeter or two, some small bulbs or LEDs.

Then experiment! If you don't get along with these simple components, feel free to ask further questions.

ojeka

Joined Jul 5, 2012
It may sound unkind, but I see so much of this and I assume it is from raising a generation of engineers who rely on simulating everything. Reminds me of a Star Trek episode where Checkov was explaining the navigation system:

Checkov: "The navigation computers give us the course to any place we want to go."

Observer: "So the computers tell you what to do and you do what they tell you."

Checkov: "Yes..... I mean no.... I mean we use our own judgement also."

Nobody should be allowed to use a computer unless they are smart enough to know when it's lying.
sir, not that am here to explore my senior men's but to get what is need (help) though i dont know most of the steps here for possible help that's why. i think it will not be wise if one trow away a child together with s bow because the water is dirty.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
OK I don't know how much USD 20 is in relation to Nigeria economy.
Here in Europe it is not much indeed.

1: 1W resistor kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Film-Resistor-1W1-Assortment-Kit-500pcs-50-value-/320412554563

2: Multimeter 2pcs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Digital-Multimeter-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Ohmmeter-YH102-/250870649904

3: 6V bulbs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Box-of-10-1482-Lamp-Bulb-Lightbulbs-6-V-2-7-W-0-45-A-/110651438956

4: E10 bulb sockets
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PCS-E10-Led-Screw-Base-Panel-PCB-Socket-/200723524350

5: 12V eletronic transformer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Transfo...12V-3A-36W-Power-Supply-Adapter-/230752379251

Ohm's law / Kirchhoff distribution are indeed essential to know, if you have anything to do with electronics.

Only reading books is not much a helping!

You should make experiments.