Excited

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Hi everyone!

Just going on holiday so I might not be on here for a while. :(

Well, some good news! Just bought a storage oscilloscope off of Ebay for £20! Going to pick it up when I get back - the benefit of if it doesn't work, then I don't have to pay for it!

Also, pretty close to getting two C64 computers for a measly pound - I don't care if they don't work! Just salavage parts to make one work if need be!

Anyhow, see you guys later. :)

Sparky

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Don't salvage for parts!

We probably have all schematics and can fix almost anything.

Have a good trip. Take the bags with you?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I still have 2 C64's, one in fully working order and the other is for parts just in case the first one dies.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I too loved the C64.

For people that don't know, you can get a simulator that runs C64 games on your Windows PC. Many of the games are available too.

Some of the better games have been made into proper windows programs by fans, I got a very nice freeware Sword of Fargoal a while back. :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have a garage full of parts. I would love to find a good home for all my old C64s and C128's. I also have a ton of old printers. Interested?

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Well chaps, I'm back.

I spent a week in the Lake District. Got a bit of fishing done. Caught a couple of nice rainbow trout from Esthwaite Water, each one about 3-4lbs. Nice fish - fought like grilse. I then got one evening on a Goldrill beck - which feeds Ullswater. Interesting trying to cast in a stream which is the same width as your rod (11ft)! :eek: My patience was rewarded with a couple of nice brownies.

Even my sister landed a fish. I rowed the boat to say hello to my mum and sister and left the flechs in the water. Lo and behold a fish was on the end when I landed the boat! I handed the rod to her and she landed it - so she was well chuffed. :)

Did some hill walking, but it was rather wet and windy!

In the end, I lost the auction. :( The C64s went for £41. Too much for me. :(

Still, I've got a cool storage oscilloscope to look forward to. I've done a bit of research, and it turns out it is built with valves - so that'll be rather cool. :)

If anyone has any old computers they want to donate to the "Sparky needs something to do" charity - please feel free to get in touch with me. *cough* Bill *cough*.

Anyhow, nice to be back. :)

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Oh, but I did see the Jubilee celebrations!

May I ask what you guys thought of the coverage? The BBC are getting a bit of critisism here for presenting the flotilla as a party, rather than a state occasion - a piece of history.

But boy, weren't the concert and the parade marvelous. Lovely to see the chanting crowds too!

Hip hip horray for Her Majesty!

God save the Queen!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hey, spent my honeymoon in Ambleside and went sailing on Windermere... beautiful country.
We could not believe the winds at the top of those hills.

My wife watched the whole party, sorry state occasion, on TV.
She wanted a T-shirt to wear saying "Proud to be British".