Exams over!!!

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
2nd year Electronic Engineering done! Exams - went terribly except for the ones that matter!

Thermodynamics - Oh god why!
Mechanics - Could have been worse
Electro Mechanical - Cool!
Fluid Dynamics - Proof that the devil himself exists!
Maths - One more reason to love russian people
Business - I know I failed and I dont care!
Computer Systems - Very nice paper

And the one that matters most:
Electronic systems - THE best exam I have ever sat!

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
2nd year Electronic Engineering done! Exams - went terribly except for the ones that matter!

Congrats Boss ....
I always wanted to take a engineering course and I always helped my buddy with his degree in engineering ...

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Congratulations.

You're above me in the education system. I'm not a degree student yet. If I get the grades I need, then as of the start of this new academic year I will be.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much over your exam grades. People react in different ways when under the influence of exam conditions. I take beta-blockers before an exam; it's the only way I can think under pressure when I'm against the clock. I always find it amusing how the questions I couldn't work out in an exam, I'm able to solve in less than one minute when I've returned back to my bedroom.

I'm glad it's all come to an end this year. I'm looking forward to learning new maths and finishing off my project exclusive to AAC.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
My exams end at the 11th of July. Hopefully they will be the last I ever take as an undergrad student.
I remember the day I took my last exam for my Bachelor's degree. I had about a 45 minute drive home, and was I ever rejoicing! I promised myself that my classroom days were over, but a few years later I broke that promise. :)

Congratulations to you and MITCH.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
@ Georacer

What are your plans after graduation?

The realm of EE branches-off into a variety of different disciplines. What area is your firm choice? I would have you down as a digital guy. If you can't secure your dream job, what other areas would you be happy to settle for?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Congrats Mitch. Keep up the good work.

You'll probably revisit your business text in the future, or the future's version of a business related text.

It's always the "I don't need that" topics that come back to haunt one.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
@ Georacer

What are your plans after graduation?

The realm of EE branches-off into a variety of different disciplines. What area is your firm choice? I would have you down as a digital guy. If you can't secure your dream job, what other areas would you be happy to settle for?
I got the dream sector nailed, but not exactly the post.

I've talked with a professor of mine and arranged verbally to be hired as a PhD student in a funded project. This will last about two years and then for the two remaining I 'll be completing my doctorate with appropriate research.

The project revolves around UAVs and is heavy on the experimental side. I 've already set up a bill of materials, as requested, to fulfill the project specifications.

I've dreamed about playing inventor and this comes pretty close. It involves robotics and airplanes, so I 'm cool with it.:cool:
I'd prefer to stop studying and work in the same sector, but I don't believe that I would have the same freedom to get involved with experiments, materials, equipment and techniques as I 'll get in a PhD.
This comes with a price, of course.

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
Congrats man!!! I just got my diploma in the mail yesterday. After I have been working for almost a month. Rolls eyes. I will hang it up and all. Electrical Engineer pride. High five bro.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004

Why Russians, precisely, Mitch?

Congratulations BTW!

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Nice one Mitch!

My A-levels finished yesterday with a physics paper on Astronomy, Nuclear and Thermal physics.

Relatively happy with how they went, I think I had in total 14 exams this month.

Now it's just waiting to get to uni! :D

Again, congrats. :)

Sparky