Examples of parallel & series circuits

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by 2749sophie, Jan 6, 2009.

1. 2749sophie

2749sophie Thread Starter New Member

Hi
    Very simple question I imagine but could someone please give me some examples of uses of parallel and series circuits.
    Many thanks
  2. leftyretro

leftyretro Active Member

3. 2749sophie

2749sophie Thread Starter New Member

Thank you for that link. I had already looked at that and it did not really help me. I should have been more specific in my question I think.

The info in the link is more indepth than I need I think - what I need to do is show examples of uses of both types of circuits in everyday objects, eg: different electrics in a house or a car. I read the link and ended up more confused! It is a long time since I studied science (I am 36!) and am trying to help my year 9 daughter with her homework but can't find any info on this that is reasonably basic.

Thanks
  4. hgmjr

hgmjr Moderator Staff Member

Series circuit example would be like a typical two battery flashlight. The two batteries are in series.

Parallel circuit example would be like when you use jumper cables to connect two car batteries together to jump start a car.

hgmjr