Exam tomorrow

marx

Joined Oct 4, 2009
Well my first taste of Electrical Engineering is coming to a close tomorrow with an exam at 9.30am NZ time.

It been enjoyable but the institute I'm studying through at the moment hasn't done a very good job at presenting the material. Its been designed by Australians so I guess you can't expect to much :D

Moving on to the real deal next year where I'll be study through a highly regarded University...... not trying to sound wanky its just that I find myself more motivated to learn when in a professional environment.

Heaps of fishing coming up this southern hemisphere summer can't wait!

I have found that my EE background has contributed immensely to my fishing skills, especially when Lorans and GPS's and Fathometers start acting up, not to mention dead batteries, battery fires, engine room fires and other calamities occur, inhibiting fishing time.

Keep only the big ones! DPW

marx

Joined Oct 4, 2009
Well it went okay, didn't ace it but not to bad for first time up on the plate.

Didn't pick up the fact that we only had to answer 5 of the 6 questions so I answered all of them.

Also they had a question about a schmitt trigger where the UTP was calculated to be 9V and LTP -6v.

We were then asked what the output voltage was for the input voltages of 2V and -2V......

Obviously not enough to switch states and we weren't told what state the device was in to start off with so we couldn't calculate the output voltage....

Going by the rest of paper I wouldn't be surprised if this was simply a mistake on their part........ Interview with new Uni coming on Monday.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Didn't pick up the fact that we only had to answer 5 of the 6 questions so I answered all of them.
The convention is that they will take your 5 best questions to arrive at your final mark.

Glad to hear it went well. As you do more exams you will become more confident in taking them. As long as you invest the time to study I am sure you will do well overall.

Dave

marx

Joined Oct 4, 2009
Well managed to get an A for my paper...... needless to say I'm stoked!!!!

Starting BE in Electronics and Computer Engineering Feb 15. Can't wait to get into it. Going straight into second year as got my first year cross-credited from BE Civil, not sure if its the same elsewhere in the world but the first of 4 year for engineering is the same across all fields.

Just doing one paper a time still and the paper I'm doing this semester is Math Modeling 1 which is a first year paper, don't have to do it again but only just passed it the last time due to clowning around, typical student foolery.

Definitely need a refresher because math modeling 2 is a big step up.

Choice hope everyone has had a good start to the year.