Estimation skills - Question 1

How many Calories in a Cubic Light Year of Ice cream?

• 10^50

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • 10^75

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 10^100

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • way more than 10^100

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
What did you expect would happen to all of that ice cream? Didn't you have to take at least one chemical engineering class? Like wires, pipes have two ends.
Here's my take on the chemical equation of the process you've described:

Emoji Objects-204.png Emoji Symbols-173.png Emoji Smiley-104.pngEmoji Symbols-174b.png Emoji Smiley-90.png
definitely not a pretty picture....

I'm not so worried about the obese people surrounding me. I would be more worried about a the various digestive co-products excreted nearby that a cubic light year of ice cream would attract.
I wouldn't worry too much about that! ≈ 350 million km^2 per partaker entails significantly less pollution than would be encountered in a 'clean room'!:cool:

Best regards
HP:)

Edited for stupidity:oops:

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Beauty in the eye of the beholder? That process is called life, and it's beautiful! Can't wait to make summer's first batch of ice cream.
:) Why wait 'till summer? I've got several pretty darn good ice cream recepies, in case you're interested.... among them orange-mango frozen yogurt

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The only recipe I ever make is the same one enjoyed by Thomas Jefferson at Monticello. Perhaps extra vanilla beans. We usually sit around and crank it outside, so we prefer nice weather.

just when I thought it couldn't get any grosser...
That being your perspective, I suppose it is indiscreet of me to point out the fact that every filthy (or otherwise unpleasant) object, condition or phenomenon on Earth is it at least 128,170 times closer than need be your nearest 'co-attendees' at the hypothetical ice cream 'lollapalooza' in question...:D:D:D

TTFN
HP:)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Ok so now I get it that I was responding to threadjacker when I made post 60:oops: At time it just seemed like math problem! I didn't read back enough to know that @magnet18 was hijacking @GopherT 's thread:rolleyes:! So I really am sorry but in future plz tell me when I make protocol faux pas instead of just giving me leper treatment, alright?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Ok so now I get it that I was responding to threadjacker when I made post 60:oops: At time it just seemed like math problem! I didn't read back enough to know that @magnet18 was hijacking @GopherT 's thread:rolleyes:! So I really am sorry but in future plz tell me when I make protocol faux pas instead of just giving me leper treatment, alright?
I have trouble noticing a high jack in an off-topic sub-forum.

in future plz tell me when I make protocol faux pas instead of just giving me leper treatment, alright?
Hey @Aleph(0) -- FWIW I don't think anyone's deliberately ignoring you -- 'tis merely that the thread took a 'comic' turn such that the math aspect was forgotten -- My $.02 :)

Try not too take everything so personally!:rolleyes:

Best regards
HP