Error When Running Pspice Model

sailmike

Joined Nov 11, 2013
I tried creating a custom PSpice model for the Cree XB-D LED using another custom LED as the source file, but I'm getting a undefined error. I don't know what the problem is. I'm attaching a couple screenshots.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

ifixit

Joined Nov 20, 2008
The name in the Diode (D1) doesn't match the name in the model statment. They have to be the same.

Since there is only one component in the subckt, why not just put the .model statement in the schematic as a directive.

Have fun,
Ifixit

sailmike

Joined Nov 11, 2013
That got rid of the error! Thanks!

I don't know how to put the .model statement in as a directive.

I still have something wrong though. I'm not getting any current when I run a simple simulation as shown in following attachments. I'm not getting an error message, but there should be some current.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

sailmike

Joined Nov 11, 2013
This circuit is just to see how much current the LED will draw for a given voltage so I can create my own voltage to current curve. The Cree XB-D LED is designed for 2.9 volts and can run on a current as high as 1 amp. Something is wrong with the coding I think. I have another custom PSpice model LED that runs on about 3.3 volts that works in this circuit just fine and its from the same company, Cree. I've attached a screenshot of the same circuit with a different LED with similar voltage requirement. Maybe I should try making the part again?

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

sailmike

Joined Nov 11, 2013
Nevermind, I found the problem. The coding was missing the line "
D1 1 2 XB-D". It works fine now.

Thanks for your help,
Mike